Five examples of brands that succeed with word-of-mouth marketing
I Recently Hired My Husband to Join My Business. Here's How We Made It Work
That Hiring Seasonal Workers? How to Stay Legally Compliant
States With No Corporate Income Tax Rate
South Dakota
Key Economic Indicators
Item Rate
CPI: 0.4% (Aug 2017) 
GDP Growth: 3% (2nd Qtr 2017)
Bank Prime Interest Rate: 4.25%
Consumer Confidence: 122.9% (Aug 2017)
Small Biz Confidence: 105.3% (Aug 2017)
Avg Gas Price: $2.58









13 Feb 2017


Email this page    


Professional & Business Licensing Help for Veterans

The state of Georgia passed a new law that will enable veterans and their spouses to avoid having to go through the re-licensing process for professional and business license when they move to Georgia or transition out of the military.

The new law require the professional licensing boards and other boards to adopt rules and regulations implementing a process by which military spouses and transitioning service members may qualify for temporary licenses, licenses by endorsement, expedited licenses, or a combination thereof for each profession, business, or trade for which a license is issued; to provide a short title; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

Under this new law a military member won't have to undergo new licensing if they are holding a license from another state for which the training, experience, and testing substantially meet or exceed the requirements under this state to obtain a license.

Also, they won't have to under go  new licensing if they obtained a specialty, certification, training, or experience in the military while a service member which substantially meets or exceeds the requirements to obtain a license in this state.

Those will benefit from this law includes active or reserve members of the armed forces including national guard and spouses of military members.   Also, transitioning service members on active duty status or on separation leave who is within 24 months of retirement or 12 months of separation.

The board is given until 1 July 2017 to have all rules,  regulations and a process in place to make this happen.


HB 20821

By Bill Williams














News Home

SBZ Home




                  Report broken links               Contact us              About us           Become a Contributor to this site            Link Exchange 

2012-2015 The Small Business Zone, Inc.  All rights reserved.